I have a brand new 27" iMac (3.4 ghz - 8gb ram) with the entire CS5 creative suite. Both Photoshop and Illustrator work perfectly without any issues. But my InDesign will freeze every time I try to open any file. Or if I try to create a new document. If I don't try to open a file or make a new document, I can customize my pallets how I like and save my workspace. But that is all I can do.
Here's what I've tried after some extensive searching:
- Erased and renewed preferences
- Removed SING component (I couldn't do the "clear the SING datastore folder" – I didn't have the datastore folder in the MarkII folder)
- Restart computer (did this several times)
- Installed OSX updates
- Installed InDesign updates
- Uninstalled InDesign and re-installed InDesign (repeated all the steps above when that too didn't work)
None of this fixed the problem. Files open briefly and then it freezes (beach ball of death) and I'm forced to "Force Quit". I'm pretty upset that I cannot do work because of this. Please let me know if there is anything I should try.
I've searched and searched... this is my last resort!
Thank you in advance!
Wow, I knew I should've held out on making a post. I ended up getting it working.
Turns out I didn't do the SING component / datastore correctly. Instead of going into the SING folder on the startup disk I was going into the SING folder under the user (me). I didn't catch that at first but going back and re-reading everything I caught it.
I feel good