8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2011 5:18 PM by Rick Gerard

CC Light Burst and CC Sphere

sdcleitung

Hello,

I'm new here and I'm testing Adobe After Effects.

I want to create a Universal Studio Intro, I'm finished with it but I have a little Problem:

http://images.sdc-web.net/images/jdv1306961507r.PNG

As you can see the Lightning effect is shown as it were in a box. I just find out that its anything with CC Light Burst and CC Sphere effect. But I couldn't find any solution for it.

Please help me.

Thank you very much

• 1. Re: CC Light Burst and CC Sphere
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Pre-compose the layer to a larger comp, apply the effect to the resulting layer in your main comp.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: CC Light Burst and CC Sphere
            sdcleitung Level 1

Thank you for your answer.

It is already in the main comp.

I precomposed it (Ctrl+Shift+C) and selected the first option (let the attributes in the main comp).

Then I have the same thing like before just with another name?

Sorry I'm new and its more difficult for me because I'm from Germany and the program is on German and I have to find all the things you said...

----

OK I have it already in the main comp as one layer (effect layer for the universal earth)

Should I delete the CC Light Burst effect ? Then precompose and then add it again ?

----

OK I tried to precompose it and added the Lightburst effect to the layer in the new comp,

but nothing changed ? I can't add the Sphere effect to the new comp because it needs the earth layer, which is in the main comp.

So the light effect is in the new comp and the other effects are in the main comp.

---

I forgot it is a CS3 Document and I have CS5.5 now. I think there are some changes to the sphere plugin because there are some numbers red?

• 3. Re: CC Light Burst and CC Sphere
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Add the CC Sphere to the Earth layer.

Pre-compose and move all attributes.

Apply Light Burst to the Pre-comp.

or:

Add CCSphere to the earth layer.

Add an Adjustment layer.

Apply Light Burst to the Adjustment Layer.

Now place that composition inside your background composition and add the type layers above that.

• 4. Re: CC Light Burst and CC Sphere
                sdcleitung Level 1

Thank you for your answer.

The effects are on an extra alpha layer and on the earth layer is already a Sphere effect.

I tried it but it don't work.

Here are the files maybe you can try it or can say whats wrong.

• 5. Re: CC Light Burst and CC Sphere

Your link isn't any good.

Try this. Make a new composition, call it Earth and put in your earth footage on the first layer. To that layer add the CCSphere effect.

Now make a new composition call it EarthGlow and put your Earth composition in as the first layer. To that layer add the CCLight Burst effect.

You should have an earth that looks very close to the Universal movie opening with the default settings.

You can now add in the star background and the title effects. You can do this in your new EarthGlow comp or your can do this by combining the Earth Glow composition and your background and type layers in a new composition.

• 6. Re: CC Light Burst and CC Sphere
                    sdcleitung Level 1

Sorry the right link is this.

• 7. Re: CC Light Burst and CC Sphere

Your making the project much too complex. I also removed a bunch of the effects you added. Let me know what you think.

Take a look at what I did. Removed all of your alpha pre-comps. They are not needed. Pre-composed the earth layer and added an adjustment layer with the ADD blend mode for CC Light Burst.

To get all the points of light that the Universal has you'll have to add points to your earth map image. Then light burst will do it's trick correctly.

Only the project files are here.

• 8. Re: CC Light Burst and CC Sphere
                        sdcleitung Level 1

Thank you very much for your help

It looks better than before