2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2011 7:49 PM by Zwaeback75

Resize Action from center, not top-left corner

Zwaeback75 Level 1

Hi,

Is there any way to change the pivot point of a resize action?

I've added a resize action to the over state of a button. It enlarges the shape from the top-left corner, rather than the center of the object. The pivot is in the center of the object, but it doesn't seem to effect the origin of the resize action.

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: Resize Action from center, not top-left corner
          Zwaeback75 Level 1

I just got it to mostly work, except the bounce and elastic easing are giving some weird results.

I got it to work by:

1. Have same shape in Up, Over, Down & Disabled States

2. In Over State use the transform tool to enlarge the shape

3. In Timelines click on Up > Over

4. Click on Smooth Transition, which automatically adds the smooth resize transition

5. Change the easing in Properties on bottom right hand side. All of the easing options work, except bounce & elastic. Those two are not resizing from the center. They're resizing from the top-left hand side, then jumping to the center (where it should be) at the end

I just watched the Lynda 0606 Defining Resize Transitions movie for CS 5.5.

• 2. Re: Resize Action from center, not top-left corner
            Zwaeback75 Level 1

Oooops, I just figured out that last part. The bounce and elastic easing work just fine now. After clicking on Smooth Transition both a move and resize transition were created. I didn't realize that the easing needs to be setup for both the move and resize transitions. I don't quit know yet why they'd want to be different.