0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2011 8:08 AM by sperry1975

EPUB Export (possible bug)

sperry1975 Level 1

I've noticed some very interesting things about the new epub export options in indesign cs 5.5.  1st of all I've noticed that there are more nice optoins.  2ndly I've noticed that I can now build a TOC in InDesign using the optoins available under the Layout menue and as long as I include that TOC in the articles and select the "Same as Articles Panel" on export I will be able to see the TOC on the page which will have the hyperlinks/bookmarks and I will have the option on the left side in Adobe Digital Editions for viewing the TOC or Contents too and easily navigating wherever you may be in the book.  Now here's where it gets interesting.  The 3rd thing I've noticed is that the TOC links are deleted when I export with an epub cover.  If I do not include a cover or select "Rasterize First Page" there's no problem, but if I do include a cover then the TOC links are deleted and the navigations links on the left side are gone (Adobe Digital Editions).  I've tried changing the size of the cover file from 300 dpi, to 200, 150, 72, 25.  I even tried exporting it with the "Save for Web & Devices" option in Photoshop and made it 23.8K 106x172 file size.  I even tried both jpg and gif with the smallest readable file sizes, but still experienced the same problem.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Maybe there's something I'm missing.  Some setting or something.