The code you show seems to have syntax issues regarding the curly braces you show... I'd expect errors for that.
The 1009 error indicates that one of the objects being targeted by your code is out of scope. This could mean that the object....
- is not in the display list
- doesn't have an instance name (or the instance name is mispelled)
- does not exist in the frame where that code is trying to talk to it
- is animated into place but is not assigned instance names in every keyframe for it
- is one of two or more consecutive keyframes of the same objects with no name assigned in the preceding frame(s).
If you go into your Publish Settings Flash section and select the option to Permit debugging, your error message should have a line number following the frame number which will help you isolate which object is involved.
Thanks, I tried that but the response was a little vague. It just added a "MainTimeline::frame1:6" at the end, but I have several scenes in there, and I don't know what that means or which scene causes the problem. But the good news is, that #1009 error only shows up when I do a command-Enter test run. If I open the exported SWF in a browser, it all runs fine. :shrug:
Without seeing the entire error message, you're stuck with what you can make of it yourself.