5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2011 4:47 PM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 9 for Mac won't let me burn a DVD w. menus to DVD

MegOShea

So I am trying to burn a DVD with menus for a clinet. I am pretty new to all of this video editing stuff. I am a photographer that has now branced out.

I am following all of the instructions in the Classroom in a Book but I noticed a couple of things. I do not have the compression option that is shown in the dialogue box where it sets up your burn process.

Now all the encoding goes fine, but when it does get all the way to the end I get the message "internal software error" and then a bunch of mumbo jumbo that it doesn't let me see everything...

I am at a loss of why it is doing this.

I am using a 2006 MacBook Pro with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB memory 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I am also running on the most up to date opearting system with Snow Leapord and the computer is completely up to date.

Any help that can be given is very much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9 for Mac won't let me burn a DVD w. menus to DVD
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I assume you've got adequate (at least 50 gigs) of free space on your hard drive.

You are working with only one drive, right? Otherwise, there are other considerations.

What kind of camcorder did your video come from? When you set up your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you select? If your project settings were the correct ones, you should not have seen a red line above your clips when you placed them on the timeline until you added effects to them. Is that the case?

Often, when working with hi-def or AVCHD video, it can be problematic to go directly from this video to a DVD without down-rezzing your video first.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9 for Mac won't let me burn a DVD w. menus to DVD
            MegOShea Level 1

Oh believe me I keep waaaayyyy more then 50 gigs on my hard drive! As I said I am a professional Photographer so working with computers and all of the software comes easy to me generally speaking. The reasons why this is spitting my discs back at me is baffling.

The red lines only showed up once I started editing the clips because they are some of the clips that I edited, and not on the ones that I left alone because they needed no work done.

The files came in mostly off a Canon 1Ti.

As I said also, I have been follwoing the insturctions in the Clasroom in a book almost to the letter except for the one setting that it said to check off that I did not have that I could not figure out why.

This is the Quality: Fit Contents to available space part of it underneath the status and the presets!

I am truly baffeled and may burn it to my hard drive and then copy it to a disc which it says is also an option.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 9 for Mac won't let me burn a DVD w. menus to DVD

That would be a good way to see if the issue is with your DVD burner.

Otherwise, I can't comment on Adobe's book or answer questions about it.

I've got my own books on Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements, and I can certainly vouch for everything in them!

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 9 for Mac won't let me burn a DVD w. menus to DVD
                MegOShea Level 1

Yeah I will have to see about the other option.

Do you know what compression option I am talking about that I do not seem to have? I have gone through all of the menus to try and get it but I cannot.

It was right before you burn the disc below the presets button... In the Share --- Burn DVD

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 9 for Mac won't let me burn a DVD w. menus to DVD

On the Share/To Disc screen, you can select the option to burn a DVD or a BluRay.

Below the place where you type your Disc Name there is a check box for Fit to Disc.

If you select the DVD option, there is a quality level slider below this box and, if you uncheck it, you can manually set your output's quality.

But there is no such slider under this checkbox if you select the option to burn a BluRay.

Beyond that, as I say, I can't speak for Adobe's book. I don't own a copy myself.