6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2011 3:38 PM by clifton4635

6.4.1 and Camera Profiles are gone

clifton4635

After using the search for updates to make the update to ACR 6.4.1 the Camera Profiles are gone, all that remains is Matrix. The lens profiles remain and are ok as far as I have looked.Camera profiles are gone from older files that showed them before the update.

Have tried manually installing the 6.4.1 update, but it now fails.

System is Win7 - 64bit - 8GB ram

• 1. Re: 6.4.1 and Camera Profiles are gone
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

Updating Camera Raw won't eliminate DNG profiles...only an un-install would. If you download the free DNG Converter 6.4 part of the install will install all Adobe provided DNG profiles. BTW, what camera are you using where you only see the matrix profiles and are you sure you are looking at a raw file not a JPEG or TIFF?

• 2. Re: 6.4.1 and Camera Profiles are gone
            clifton4635 Level 1

I am not using DNG, but only the original CS2 raw files from my 5D2 and 7d. Using CS5 of course and had no problems with 6.4. The Matrix profile is shwn after clicking the Camera Calibration button in Camera Raw, and it shows as the only choice for Camera Profile Name. I normally download any updates to a flash drive so I can apply them to both computers, but this time I used the Help/Updates link in Photoshop.

My laptop, also running CS5, win-7, 64bit, and ACR 6.4.0 has no problems.

• 3. Re: 6.4.1 and Camera Profiles are gone
              clifton4635 Level 1

Problem Solved.

I suspect that while I was doing the Camera Raw update, Windows kicked in with some updates of it's own. Anyway, a re-install of CS5 and then updating it after checking for any Windows updates, and all is working well. Suspect that just one file got corrupted, and it would have been easier to replace that one file from my laptop, but the brute force approace worked.

• 4. Re: 6.4.1 and Camera Profiles are gone
                Noel Carboni Level 7

What files with extension .dcp do you have in/below these folders?

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Edit:  Oops, took to long to respond, I see. 

-Noel

• 5. Re: 6.4.1 and Camera Profiles are gone
                  clifton4635 Level 1

Couldn't open this prior to the re-install, probably corrupted, but now

293 cameras in the Adobe Standard folder, and appear to be 5 for each

camera under the specific Camera folders.  All of my cameras that shoot

Raw or have ever had that shot Raw are now listed. And Camera Raw now

working again as it should.

Under the %UserProfile%..... There is only one file:  Index.dat

Bruce

• 6. Re: 6.4.1 and Camera Profiles are gone
                    Noel Carboni Level 7

If you're ever unsure about whether you've seen disk corruption, it's a VERY good idea to do the following:

1.  Check the Windows event logs to see if any disk problems are being logged.

2.  Consider (if there's no hardware fault) running CHKDSK on the volume.

3.  Set up a backup process if you haven't got one already.

-Noel