1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 3, 2011 3:05 AM by SteveG(AudioMasters)

group files like a bus

Paul_Ferguson Level 2

I had this idea before 5.5 emerged from rumor into software, and I forgot to add it to the feature list.  It's connected to grouping clips.  It would be very useful, when clips were grouped, if a change in one track level would automatically change the other track levels.  (I don't think a similar functionality for panning would be very useful lol.)   That would mean *not* having to assign tracks to a bus in order to achieve the same functionality.  Imagine, for instance, that while mixing I sort of added a decibel at a time to various tracks in the mix, and suddenly the whole thing was too loud - it would be very cool to Group all tracks and do a quick volume tweak on one of the controls.

• 1. Re: group files like a bus
          SteveG(AudioMasters) Level 6

therealdobro wrote:

That would mean *not* having to assign tracks to a bus in order to achieve the same functionality. 

Ah, but if you had an option to assign a group of clips (from wherever they were located) to a bus, how powerful would that be? That would achieve everything you wanted, and more, wouldn't it?