Welcome to the forum.
Quitting at a certain file size could be a lack of HDD space on the destination disc. If possible, let's rule that out quickly. How much defragmented free space to you have on the destination disc, and also on the HDD, where your Scratch Disks are located?
Space shoulndt be an issue. I have about 250 Gb on the drive i am rendering to. All of my src files are on an external. I do have the scratch disks set to the D drive that i am rendering to...could that be the problem? Should i set those to my C drive?
Sent from my iPod
Another quick check. Is the drive formatted as NTFS?
With a FAT-32 HDD, one should be able to get ~ 4GB, rather than the 1GB file size reported.
I am pretty sure it is NTFS. It was a factory
installed secondary drive on a PC.....
I was able to render out a 720x480 H.264 mp4 which
came in around 600MB.
And I am certain that i rendered a video for work
that was 1.2GB in the past.
Thanks for your help guys....
I have tried it as a direct export from Premiere,
export from Media Encoder and also when dynamically
linking to Encore. In the case of Encore it failed
during encoding so i am assuming it is the same
Original message -
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 16:29:36 -0600
From: Bill Hunt <email@example.com>
Quits at 1GB - HELP!!!
To: Tom Nahas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>With a FAT-32 HDD, one should be able to get ~
4GB, rather than the 1GB file size reported.
Out of curiosity, what is on your Timeline at about the 2/3 point? Is that about where you have the AE Comps (just a suspicion on my part), or is there some other Asset there? I'd poke around that general point in the Timeline, to see if you have a gap in the Video, a dodgey Asset, or something out of the ordinary.
Often, when Encoding/Transcoding fails, one gets an error message, that though a bit cryptic, can offer some hints. Other times, the process just fails. As you did not mention any error messages, I assume that the process just failed.
You might also want to set the WAB (Work Area Bar) to before that point, and test an Export. If that works, then reset the WAB to arouond that 2/3 point, and test Export again. It might take a few tries, but perhaps you can narrow things down to an exact place on the Timeline.
Bill - I was thinking that too....There is an AE comp at that point. I rendered just that section and it was fine. I even replaced that AE comp with a rendered clip and that worked as well.
I will keep trying.
ADL (Adobe Dynamic Link) normally works just fine - but sometimes things do go wonky. I understand the desire to use ADL for the AE Comps, but if replacing the linked Comp with an Exported one works, that might be far easier, than fighting the ADL issue at that point.
As my use of AE and ADL are on a rather limited basis, others might have great tips for troubleshooting the linked Comp(s). At my level, I'd be more inclined to just redo things, as I would not likely be able to see where the issues could be. Todd is our "resident AE" expert here, but others know the ins and outs of ADL to AE, so will be far better suited to help there, than I am.
Can you please switch from MPE GPU accelerated to Software only and then try rendering...
We have seen similar issues if it works please update your drivers for Quadro 4000...
Thanks, I will try that.