2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2011 12:28 AM by simplesid

BlazeDS configuration files.

simplesid

Hi,

The BlazeDS dev guide says that,

When you compile your Flex application, you typically specify the services-config.xml configuration file to the compiler. This file defines the channel URLs that the client-side Flex application uses to communicate with the BlazeDS server. Then the channel URLs are compiled into the resultant SWF file.

So, is this services-config file embedded within the swf file? Or is the URL is created as an object and that is embedded in the swf file?

Also, we use the remoting-config.xml and messaging-config.xml files. Where do these reside when our application is running? Are they at the server side? or are they embedded in the swf file?

Thanks in advance!

Sid

P.S. I am just trying to learn BlazeDS and maybe this question would seem a bit odd to some guys! Apologies for that

• 1. Re: BlazeDS configuration files.
          EvyatarBH Level 3

All the BlazeDS files should be located in the same folder on the server side.

For me it was the following folder -

BlazeDS\WEB-INF\flex

I don't remember if this is just a default path or the mandatory one to use.

Anyway, I managed to deploy my Flex application with BlazeDS as a single web-application on a WebLogic server.

It wasn't a smooth experience, as there's not enough on-line reading materials for such a task in my opinion, but eventually it worked.

Good luck!

• 2. Re: BlazeDS configuration files.
            simplesid Level 1

Hi EvyatarBH,

Thanks for replying. I am able to deploy my application and i did the same thing as you did. But my question is not that.

My question is, when our application actually runs (executes), at that time, are the xml files embedded within our swf file or do they reside at the server side. (For e.g. an actionscript class would be compiled *embedded* into our swf file, but a java class on the other hand, will reside on the server, within the JVM.)

Please let me know if my description is a bit confusing.

Regards,

Sid