3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2011 2:21 PM by JMJarrige

standards accepted by Premiere elements 9

claude fiquet

Before january, I imported videos from my camcorder to Vegas software (under Windows).

In january, I bought an imac and Adobe elements (photoshop and Premier elements 9).

How to do to integrate towards Premiere elementsmy previous .m2t files ?

• 1. Re: standards accepted by Premiere elements 9
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Premiere Elements should be able to work with those files as source video. Just use Get Media/From Files and Folders to import them into your project.

Of course, when you create your Premiere Elements project it's very important that your project settings match this video format precisely! (If it's AVCHD footage, make sure you know if it's 1920x1080 or 1440x1080 and if it's stereo or 5.1 audio and choose the appropriate project settings.) If you've selected the correct settings, there will not be a red line above your clips when you add them to your timeline.

You can find instructions for setting up a project in part 1 of my 8-part Basic Training tutorial series on Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: standards accepted by Premiere elements 9
            claude fiquet Level 1

Thanks, yes that works, but the quality decreases.

For example, a file of 200 MO becomes 320 MO with a bad quality !

Nevertheless, thanks

Le 4 juin 2011 à 18:57, Steve Grisetti a écrit :

Premiere Elements should be able to work with those files as source video. Just use Get Media/From Files and Folders to import them into your project.

Of course, when you create your Premiere Elements project it's very important that your project settings match this video format precisely! (If it's AVCHD footage, make sure you know if it's 1920x1080 or 1440x1080 and if it's stereo or 5.1 audio and choose the appropriate project settings.) If you've selected the correct settings, there will not be a red line above your clips when you add them to your timeline.

>

• 3. Re: standards accepted by Premiere elements 9
              JMJarrige Level 2

Did you try to import these videos on iMovie ?

I have the same configuration as yours : Vegas and Premiere Elements on my laptop Vista,

and Premiere Elem on iMac which has iMovie pre-installed.

I have not seen differences in terms of quality after rendering with these options on my videos

which are HDV format.

J'avais une qualité identique sur les differents environnements (PC et Mac), bien que les formats de

fichiers videos ne soient pas toujours les memes, entre les .mov, .mts,...

Mais le HDV est un peu  moins bon que le Full HD 1920. En tout cas, ces différents formats ne facilitent

guère les choses.

Bon courage.