That is correct. If your import settings are correct, ie., you imported the file with 3D enabled, you'll get a 2 D layer that will interact with your AE camera.
wut do you mean
- Open up your PSD file that has the 3D object embedded. Check the 3D controls in Photoshop. If they work then you've properly embedded your 3D obj in the PSD.
- Make sure that the color space is RGB
- Open up AE
- Import the PSD as a composition making sure that Import as a composition and make sure Live Photoshop 3D is checked.
- In your Project Panel you'll have a Composition with the same name as your Photoshop file, a folder for solids and a folder for the layers in your psd file
- Double click on the composition to open it
- In the timeline you'll have a
- Your 3D layer controller
- Your 3D layer
- any other layers in the PSD
- You are now ready to move the camera around the scene or move and rotate the 3D layer controller.
I suspect that you didn't open the composition but instead nested it in another composition.