9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2011 10:06 AM by Daniel Flavin

How does one Float a Graphic Object with Text? (Don't want the Graphics Frame stationary)

Obenreizer Level 1

I now know just enough InDesign to be dangerous.  So, help me from blowing myself up.

SITUATION:

I desire a Callout/Quote Box to emphase a quote--to separate it from the flowing text of the manuscript.  So, I created a curved-edge rectangle (graphic object) to make the "box", then filled it with the quoted text).  All was well in the land of Adobe Novice UNTIL I deleted some text above the newly-created graphic box/quote box.  I need the graphic to flow with (stay embedded in; hold its position in) the text outside the manuscript, not say anchored to page.

QUESTION:

Is there a way to have a graphic object which is placed in a manuscript flow with the manuscript text, so that it "holds its position" relative to the text.  For example, if I delete a paragraph of text above the graphic object, I want the graphic object to adjust accordingly.

ASIDE:

I am open to any other tricks or methods others use to insert callout or quote-boxes within the flowing text of a manuscript/book.

Thanks in advance.