6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2011 4:18 AM by Alexguitar 123

cs5.5 crashes after launching

Alexguitar 123

After I run AE cs 5.5 after the startup windows says that it's not responding.(this happpens with any cs5 product)

I can't get it to work. My drivers are up to date and I meet the min. requirements:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU         750  @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
                   Memory: 4096MB RAM

Card : nVida GTX 295

As far I cant find any crash report file in AE location can't post any ( please tell me where could i find a error log).

• 1. Re: cs5.5 crashes after launching
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

If it happens with any CS5 product, this would suggest a genmeric problem on your system and as 90% of the time, it's the graphics card. I therefore suggest you look into its configuration, especialyl since it's a dual GPU type that has been notorious.... Turn off the second GPU and see if it makes any difference.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: cs5.5 crashes after launching
            alfo77777 Level 1

It depends on what the actual crash is - because for a long time After Effects kept crashing every time it got to 'Initializing Mediacore'. And if this is the problem (and as far as I know this only occurs on Windows) then I can help you out.

The reason any program that uses MediaCore crashes is because you are not allowing the dynamiclink and the adobe products through your firewall to communicate with eachother.

The solution is to

1. Go to your firewall settings (Control Panel > System and Security > Firewall > Allow Program Through Firewall) and let these programs through it
              1. dynamiclink.exe (this exists in multiple places, like in the folder for each program. do a search and allow them all)
              2. prproheadless.exe (the media server for premiere pro)
            2. Or (this is what fixed it for me) Disable your virtual wireless adapter by going Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre and on the left pane there is 'Change Adapter Settings'. Disable the Microsoft Virtal WiFi Miniport Adapter (most likely name Wireless Adapter 2)

Hope this helped

• 3. Re: cs5.5 crashes after launching
              Alexguitar 123 Level 1

Well 1st i have windows firewall turned off.

2nd *checking*

3rd I dont have any connection besides my lan connection with a router.

Will disableing the media core fix this issue?

Shall I open any ports on my router?

And I gues that turning off the second GPU will decrease my gaming performance?

Cs4 worked fine why does cs5 not?

Oh and i remeber once I was able to run photoshop cs5 I dont know when but it was at the begging of this year.

• 4. Re: cs5.5 crashes after launching
                alfo77777 Level 1

Hey Alex

Disabling the firewall is not a good idea - just allow the programs I mentioned before (as well as the qt32server.exe which I forgot to mention) through the firewall. And disabling that other adapter is nothing to do with your router, as is the firewall thing. These are all internal connections made between Quicktime and the Adobe CS5 suite. Just try disabling it and see what happens - it worked for me. And also make sure you disable the right adapter or you won't be able to browse the internet etc...

Hope this helps. Keep me informed of any developments

• 5. Re: cs5.5 crashes after launching
                  Alexguitar 123 Level 1

I do have my firewall disabled and still doesn't work so I doubt that this will help.

By the way I couldn't find ANY tutorial how to disable my second GPU how should I do that?

• 6. Re: cs5.5 crashes after launching
                    Alexguitar 123 Level 1

Ok, I finnaly got it to work.

It's been an issue with my wacom tablet drivers.