4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2011 9:19 AM by RiccardoCohen

android application published, but samsung excluded

RiccardoCohen

Hello

I successfully built an application for android with flash builder 4.5, I ran it on my emulator (macosx), and published it on android market  :

https://market.android.com/details?id=air.com.adl.agricalc&feature=search_result

Now this application have been downloaded by 8 people, so it seems to be visible from devices like Samsung Galaxy Tab or HTC Desire. But on my samsung galaxy ace S5830 it does not appear in the market. So I looked in my google market account, and it says that this device is excluded due to the manifest xml.

I cannot see what's wrong. the samsung is running android 2.2.1 which is supposed to be compatible, and I did not change anything in the application xml. I did not add any particular hardware requirement etc...

How can I know what's wrong with this device ?? (I'd really like to see a customer's download...)

Thanks a lot

• 1. Re: android application published, but samsung excluded
          Shongrunden Adobe Employee

I'm not familiar with the Samsung Ace, but I can confirm that I was able to download this application on my Motorola Xoom.

I noticed on that web site that the version is listed as "v", maybe want to double check that you have a valid version number?

• 2. Re: android application published, but samsung excluded
            RiccardoCohen Level 1

Thanks Shongrunden for your answer. I upgraded the application with a valid version label in app.xml. Now the version appears correctly on the web. But the app does not show on my Samsung Ace.

When uploading the upgrade, I noticed the following warnings in application description :

This apk requests 1 permissions that users will be warned about

android.permission.INTERNET

This apk requests 1 features that will be used for Android Market filtering
            android.hardware.touchscreen

This apk requests 1 native platforms that will be used for Android Market filtering
            armeabi-v7a

I understand INTERNET and touchscreen (which are available and present on my Samsung Ace),
            but what armeabi-v7a means ? There is no mention of the processor version in the phone info (in settings).
            Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: android application published, but samsung excluded
              ceetah

maybe it refers to the processor architecture

cause air only runs on arm v7 processors (which is a pitty).

maybe samsung ace is arm v6

look http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=476b1bd33bad79fe&hl=en

• 4. Re: android application published, but samsung excluded
                RiccardoCohen Level 1

All right,

After having bought a new telephone with android 2.1 I discovered that only 2.2 was supported and the phone could not be upgraded.

After having bought a tablet with android 2.2 I discovered that this tablet had no access to google market, only appslib.

After having bought a Galaxy Ace with android 2.2 and google market, I discovered that the processor is not supported.

Not only that but I also just discovered that my iPhone 3G does not support flex applications also because it is not 3G.

!!! STOP !!!

I'm really disappointed about Adobe lack of information about supported devices (all pages read about supported conf never mentioned these problems), and will certainly not buy flash builder 4.5 before 2013, hoping Adobe respect a little more the developers' community.

Thanks a lot for your help.