1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2011 12:22 AM by Wombat41

Xerox Phaser 5550DT + Adobe Reader Issues

brg.newman

Hello,

We purchased a Xerox Phaser 5550DT for our Finance department about 2-3 months ago and to this date, we are still having issues printing from Adobe Reader to it. Because of these issues we are experiencing with this printer and Adobe Reader, we have been unable to decommission their existing aging printer - which we had planned to replace with this Xerox Phaser.

What is happening is when a user chooses to do a "2-up duplex" (2 pages per side) print from tray 3 (prepunched paper), it prints in the wrong order (pages 3 and 4 on the front, pages 1 and 2 on the back - you can tell because the holes are on the wrong side of the paper). But, this only occurs with Adobe Reader - it does not occur with out accounting applications, MS Office, etc.

I have been working with a Support Engineer at Xerox and he has come back and basically told me that there is nothing that can be done because the Xerox print drivers "can't stop Adobe from adding their own Viewing Orientation on top of the print job". I have been advised by him that part of the issue is caused by the "Auto Rotate" option on the print menu - but when I disable this option, it causes more harm than good.

This is everything we have tried to do to resolve this printing issue:

• Tried the "Phaser 5550DT" specific PS, PCL5, and PCL6 drivers - still prints incorrectly.
      • Tried the PS, PCL5, and PCL6 "Global Print Drivers" - still prints incorrectly.
      • Setup the printer locally both on a Windows 7 and Windows XP system so that there was no print server in between the printer and the user - still prints incorrectly.
      • Tried to set the "2up Duplex Tray 3" settings both using the "Printing Defaults" in Windows, and as well manually in Adobe - still prints incorrectly.
      • Played around with the TCP/IP settings (using "LPR Protocol"), and tried different Print Processor settings ("WinPrint" with the RAW data type) - still prints incorrectly.
      • Tried Adobe Reader 9.4.1, 9.4.2, 9.4.3, 9.4.4 and finally 10.0.1 - each version prints incorrectly.
      • Disabling the "Auto Rotate" feature - causes landscape print jobs to print in the middle of a portrait piece of paper (not rotating the page when the print is sent).

Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone experienced this before?