1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2011 5:57 AM by Amy Blankenship

Base Flash Classes Gone after installing FB 4.5 from CS 5.5

Amy Blankenship Level 4

Hi, all;

My company bought CS 5 for me in April, and I installed the trial of FB 4.5 because it had such great productivity enhancements and I knew the free upgrade was coming.  I uninstalled the trial and installed CS 5.5.  When I launched FB 4.5, my project was full of errors, where FB doesn't recognize basic data types such as int, DisplayObjectContainer, etc.  How do I tell FB where these Classes are?  I am completely dead in the water until this is resolved.

Thanks;

Amy

• 1. Re: Base Flash Classes Gone after installing FB 4.5 from CS 5.5
          Amy Blankenship Level 4

OK, I managed to figure it out and resolve it.  For those who might encounter this problem...

I started the project in FB 4, so when I installed the trial of 4.5, I just pointed the project to the 4.1 folder (because the 4.5 SDK caused some issues in my project).  When I uninstalled 4, the SDK was also removed.

The solution was to download the 4.1 SDK to the 4.5 folder, then point to that.  I had an issue in that 4.1 was the default SDK, and I had a hard time getting the "Configure SDK's" dialog to open (it kept failing with an "invalid values" message.  I finally found that clicking "specific SDK" allowed me to open the dialog.

Hope this helps someone else.