• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

removing vertical bar separating side bar in Webhelp

Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello yet again,

I've pretty much finished the project, but am now having a few skin issues. Well, not me, the project. It would be the wrong forum for that.

Basically the powers that be have looked at it and decided the vertical bar separating the TOC from the content is "too Windows 95". I can see their point, but I can't see a way of editing it.

bar.png

I have searched all the Skin options and suff but can't find a way to either make this bar a thin, single line or get rid of it entirely...

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks as always.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe I documented this in my Skinny on Skins file available at this link.

Here is the copy from the topic:

Remove the separating border between the Navigation pane and Topic pane

This topic will detail how to remove the border that separates the navigation  pane from the topic pane. Why anyone would want to accomplish this is beyond me,  but I stumbled across it during research for something else, so I figured I may  as well document it. Just in case...

Step 1. Generate WebHelp.

Step 2. Examine the WebHelp output  location and locate a file named whskin_frmset01.htm.

Step 3. Edit the whskin_frmset01.htm file  with an ASCII text editor. Windows Notepad does a fabulous job.

Step 4. Locate all occurrences of frameborder=\"yes\" and change them to frameborder=\"no\".

Step 5. Close and save the modified  whskin_frmset01.htm file and refresh the WebHelp.

*NOTE: The steps above  will work for a produced WebHelp system. If you want to ensure that the border  is absent for all subsequent generations of WebHelp, you can edit the  SkinName.skn file using Windows Notepad and change all instances of  frameborder="1" to frameborder="0".

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick that's done the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it look good?

A screenshot would be nice.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick I'm really confused - this was working great and then one day I made a new skin and the frameborder function was not anywhere to be found. Even weirder, going back to my old skin shows that frameborder isn't in that .skn either?!

Any idea what is going on?

cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp