1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 8, 2011 6:55 PM by CtDave

making a pdf book

Jimball04

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me out with this..

I would like to make an ebook/PDF book (i'm not sure what the difference is!!!?)

I don't have a clue how to go about this.

I'm a musician and I have all my lyrics and chords all neatly displayed in microsoft word...

I thought it would be better if i maybe converted all the word documents (over 400) in to PDF's that would hopefully allow me to search through my individual songs by title? Or by keyword, (I'm pretty sure I've done this within a PDF document before.

Is this even possible or have I just wasted my money ordering an ipad2 ? (I was going to hopefully upload the PDF book to ibook and literally read it as i played?)

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me at all

James

• 1. Re: making a pdf book
          CtDave Level 5

"eBook" is an umbrella term for a plethora of formats.
          A good overview is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_e-book_formats

The "authoring" software needed to output to a desired format will depend upon which format you go to.

ePub, PDF, or the Kindle format (there's an App for iPad) may be the most versatile for you.

If you decide to create PDFs from the MS Word files you will want Acrobat Professional.
          Acrobat Standard will let you get by; however it is not as robust for tweaking PDFs.

PDFs can be viewed on an iPad with one of the available Apps.
          I prefer Good Reader but there are other capable ones; look through the App Store.

Be well...