11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 3:29 PM by Bob Dix Photographer

Mercalli Version 2, 64bit plug-in Crashes after analysis complete

jdmoor Level 1

I'm dealing with a Mercalli Ver2 problem .  I've gotten Mercalli support involved, but my confidence level isn't real high right now.  Here's the issue.

I put a clip on the timeline, apply the Mercalli plug-in.

Video Analysis window launches and completes.

As soon as it completes, I get an Adobe error message "A serious error has occurred ..... ".   As soon as I "X out" of the error message window, Adobe opens a tab named "DoverLord TabPanel".   When I close that tab, it forces PPro to close.  Of course when that happens, PPro saves a 'recovery' proj file.   Now, here's the crazy part.   I can re-launch PPro, recover the saved 'recovery' proj, and the clip has be "stabilized" AND I can 're-run' the plug-in (change some setting) and this time it does NOT crash.  But if I put a new (another) clip on the timeline and apply the plug-in, it does crash just as described above.

Anyone have any insight?

I can't find any mention of "DoverLord TabPanel" in any Adobe reference material either.

TIA,

JD

• 1. Re: Mercalli Version 2, 64bit plug-in Crashes after analysis complete
          E Baldwin Level 1

Hi JD,

I just tried Mercalli V2 with PP CS5.5 with no problems or error messages. Read the last post in in this thread http://forums.adobe.com/message/2547119 .It is for a PP V4.1 some of the potential problems may help you find the cause.

-ed

Message was edited by: E Baldwin Win 7 64x

• 2. Re: Mercalli Version 2, 64bit plug-in Crashes after analysis complete
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

What version of Premiere Pro? What operating system? What kind(s) of source footage? Has this ever worked before? What other software are you running? Do you have any other third-party effects or codecs installed? Tell us about your computer hardware. Are you using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration?

• 3. Re: Mercalli Version 2, 64bit plug-in Crashes after analysis complete
              jdmoor Level 1

You're right .. sorry, I just assumed everyone could read my mind.

This is CS5.5, running Vista 64.  I just purchased the Mercalli software a

couple days a go, so this has never worked.  I've got tons of other

software, but nothing running while I'm working in Pro CS5.5.  The other

effects I have installed are Trapcode Shine, Starglow, 3D Stroke and Magic

Bullet Looks.  I have no idea how many other codecs are on the machine, nor

how to find out.  My graphics card is a GForce FX570 with the latest

drivers.  My computer is a Dell T3400 (dual core 2.6GHz) w/8G Ram.  I have

several HDs, one dedicated to programs (C:\) the rest are 'video drives'

where I store my video footage and project files.

Thanks again,

JD

• 4. Re: Mercalli Version 2, 64bit plug-in Crashes after analysis complete
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I just checked their website, and Premiere Pro CS5.5 is not listed as a compatible host application:

http://www.prodad.com/home/products/videostabilizing/300391667/plugins,l-us.xhtml

• 5. Re: Mercalli Version 2, 64bit plug-in Crashes after analysis complete
                  jdmoor Level 1

Bad info.  According to their tech support, "I have no customers with

problems in CS5.5."  And, the 64bit version was specific for CS5.

• 6. Re: Mercalli Version 2, 64bit plug-in Crashes after analysis complete
                    Charlie Fulton

I'm trying to get the story on CS5.5 support completely straight from Germany myself. My support colleague in Europe currently has no customers with issues and I'm trying to make sure I have all of the bases covered for all of my customers.

The quickest thing to try is to re-run the Download Manager tool for the 64-bit plugin (this is one of the links that was in the email that you received when you bought your Mercalli license). This will download the most recent build from our server (we are currently at 2.0.89) and allow you to install that build.

Please let me know personally whether you are having any other problems-- support@prodad.us.

• 7. Re: Mercalli Version 2, 64bit plug-in Crashes after analysis complete
                      Johny Diesel

I also have had this problem and after days of frustrating troubleshooting, uninstalling, re-installing etc, it seems that the problem is with the workspace. If I revert to the standard single screen PP "Editing" workspace as opposed to a custom dual screen workspace, I get no errors. In addition, I reset my preferences by holding Alt while booting PP. Not sure if this had any effect.

Also, I heard from another user that transitions (dissolve etc.) on the clip will cause problems so I have removed those, do the analysis, then re-add the transitions and render and all is fine.

I came to this last ditch {!} conclusion because some people were having  problems with "DroverLord TabPanel" error screen which seemed to be related to panels and layout and thought this might be part of the problem. And so it was.

John

System Specs: AVID re-seller built: Win 7 64 bit, Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Duo E6700@2.66, 8 GB DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500, SSD Boot and Programs drives, RAID 10 1TB media drive, CS Production Premium 5.5.1, AVID MC 6.0.1

• 8. Re: Mercalli Version 2, 64bit plug-in Crashes after analysis complete
                        Alan Craven Level 4

Are you using the latest service update, available for download from the Support section of the ProDad site.  You will need your original download e-mail.

Todd casting doubt on the compatibility of the plug-in for CS5.5 is a non-starter - they have simply not updated the web site.  Mercalli 23 works perfectly with CS5.5 on both my new laptop and my new desktop.  It also worked perfectly with both CS5 and CS5.5 on my previous underpowered laptop and desktop.

Certainly you cannot apply transitions to a stabilised clip - the handle used for the transition has not been stabilised.  If you want transitions, export your stabilised clip with handles and trim this file for your timeline.

Also if you trim the clip after stabilising, you will have to run Mercalli again - think about it!

• 9. Re: Mercalli Version 2, 64bit plug-in Crashes after analysis complete
                          Bob Dix Photographer Level 2

I am using Premiere Pro CS5.5.2 update  and Mercalli Pro V2 off their back up disc as well their updates, and  it works perfectly, as well as the Stand Alone Applications . It also works on Premiere Pro 1.5.1 and Premiere Elements 4.( using Windows XP Mode with Windows Virtual PC with these applications) in a 64 bit workstation.

There were issues on approving it, from ProDAD over the internet, I have had no issues in major productions for 5 months, with the exception of a transition insert, or if you trim the clip after applying the stablization, it will ask you to do it again. it is better to remove the clip, trim and then stabilize. You will of course make sure the working area on the timeline is activated for that clip otherwise nothing will happen .

See Alan Craven's comments  

Ps. I am operating a Work Station XEON i7 Quad Core, 64 bit Pro with 12 GB RAM, and a Nvidia Quadro FX 3800, I have had no problems since updating Premiere Pro CS5.5.1 to .2, and I am impressed with the speed of rendering  the stablized clips using CS 5.5.2, and pleasantly surprised with the performance, as I was previously using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 11 with H.264mov. 1920 x 1080p clips, which is also very fast as a 32 bit application and an inbuilt stablizer (but, not as good as Mercalli V2 although pretty close.)

Message was edited by: Bob Dix Photographer

• 10. Re: Mercalli Version 2, 64bit plug-in Crashes after analysis complete
                            Johny Diesel Level 1

Just a confirmation of my previous statement (on a new project) that changing to a single screen Workspace, or at least a different workspace than I had been using, fixes the crashing issue. Odd.

• 11. Re: Mercalli Version 2, 64bit plug-in Crashes after analysis complete
                              Bob Dix Photographer Level 2

Odd, is right, but, I only use a single screen workspace too.

At least the problem is solved.