• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

table text in RH9

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text in the tables in my help file appear left-justified in the WYSIWYG view, and the Align Left toolbar button also indicates this.  However, when I click the View Selected Item toolbar button, or when I publish the help and view it in a browser, all the table text is centered.  How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the RH community. I think you'll need to go down into the murky world of XHTML for us to help you solve this. If you highlight the text in the cell and click the HTML button at the top of the WYSIWYG, is there some tag that looks a little like this:

<p style="text-align: center;">

If so, this is what causing it. You could change it to <p style="text-align: left;"> from inside the HTML tab. Let us know how you get on.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise you are using RoboHelp 9 but see if Item 24 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh8/using_rh8.htm helps.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out the only HTML tag regarding centered text was for the whole table div, so changing that changed the alignment of the table as well.  However, Peter's tip fixed the problem.  Thank you both for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp