4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2011 6:43 AM by NOKNOT

Objecttrack.log

NOKNOT

I am trying to delete a file after burning my project and I keep getting this message, "objecttrack.log: it is being used by another program." The file is in my Premiere Elements- 8.0-CAObjectTrackResults, as a matter of fact the CAObjectTrackResults is the file I want to delete. I am running Windows XP. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Objecttrack.log
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried restarting your computer first?

• 2. Re: Objecttrack.log
            NOKNOT Level 1

Yes I tried that. I have no idea what other program woul be using it.

• 3. Re: Objecttrack.log
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I found a number of these files for an old version of the program on my computer and was easily able to delete them.

Though I'm not sure it was worth the effort. They take up so little space.

But they should delete -- especially after you've uninstalled the program. Otherwise, I wouldn't mess with them.

(As an alternative, you can, of course, rename the folder that they're in, reboot so that the computer creates a new ObjectTrack folder and then delete them. But, again, I wouldn't recommend going to war over this -- unless you've uninstalled version 8 of the program and you're just trying to clean things off.)

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Objecttrack.log
                NOKNOT Level 1

Thanks Steve for the help. Whenever I would restart my computer I kept getting a message about "ElementsAutoAna" not responding and something about the Photoshop Server. I uninstalled the PhotoShop that was installed with Elementes 8 and then was able to delete the files. I am hoping uninstalling PhotoShop will not affect using Elements. Fixing to start another project so time will tell. Thanks for the help. This is a great forum.