3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2011 6:55 AM by Peter Spier

Buttons not exporting to pdf

gwhPoster Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I created an oval shape with an ellipse to be used as a button. I converted it to a button and applied an action so that it went to a destination bookmark I created earlier. I placed the button on my master page but when I export to interactive pdf it doesn't show on the pdf file. I also tried taking it off the master page and put it on a document page but I'm still getting the same result.

If I use the sample buttons that come with Indesign CS5, these buttons appear on an exported pdf but it seems that any custom button I make doesn't work.

I wondered if anyone else has had similar problems and if there's a workaround?

Appreciate any help.

• 1. Re: Buttons not exporting to pdf
          toddweare138

Ive created a brochure of videos and interactive work for an exhibition, after exporting my interactive pdf to a swf file some of the sound from the videos doesnt stop.

Seems simple but I have no idea how to put it right

can anyone help?

• 2. Re: Buttons not exporting to pdf
            gwhPoster Level 1

Hi everyone,

I uninstalled, then re-installed indesign. After I did this, I was able to export to an interactive pdf with the buttons working correctly. The only problem is that when you export to interactive pdf, it produces spreads in a facing pages document like I have. I used a script to toggle this setting off so that it was single pages on export, however when I did this the buttons no longer appeared in the resulting pdf, so it seems the script is doing something to affect the buttons.

I wondered if anyone knows of a workaround?

Would be really grateful for any advice.

• 3. Re: Buttons not exporting to pdf
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Todd, please start a new thread for your problem.