1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2011 3:55 PM by Steve Werner

Hyperlinks question

Doug Calhoun2

I'm creating a digital catalog with hyperlinks to web pages and multiple bundled products will require the same URL which lists the options for the combinations of products.  When creating the hyperlink to "URL" from the Text--> Hyperlink & CrossReference-->New Hyperlink menu and selecting URL, I add the URL to the field and leave 'Shared Destination' checked and click ok.

If I want to use the very same URL for another product/text box, do I have to follow the same exact procedure for each one or can I go to the hyperlinks list and....??  It's a matter of creating 200+ hyperlinks or perhaps 100.  Any input is appreciated.

I'm using ID CS4 on a Macbook Pro.

• 1. Re: Hyperlinks question
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Once you have defined a Shared Destination, follow this procedure for subsequent products.

(1) Select the text or object you want as your next hyperlink.

(2) Choose New Hyperlink from the Hyperlinks panel.  Then in the Link To menu choose Shared Destination. It should remember your URL. In fact, it will be sticky for future hyperlinks you create.

You can also make it faster by adding a keyboard shortcut for New Hyperlink... (choose from the Panel menus option in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts).