• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flashbuilder/php/zend partially working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a simple application that uses the php service and the zend framework on wamp

The database has three fields, one primary index.

The project creation process works fine and when I create the data service with the wizzard, I get all the CRUD

that I need.

I set up a data grid and bind it to getAll<tablename>.  I run the app and all is fine (I see an empty table)

My network monitor indicates I made a getAll query and it shows an okay result

I set up a Data>generate form wizzard and bind it to create<tablename>(item...)

I run the app and get the datagrid and the form with fields to enter my data, a button to create the item in the table and a result text box

When I enter data and press the create button, I do not get any results ( I should get a 0)  I've stepped through the program and I never get a return token.

My network monitor does not inidicate that I had any network traffic (nothing from my client to the php code on the server)

To make things more interesting, when I do a Data/Services>Test Operation on the create function, I can load a set of data, run the test and it works! Data shows up in my table and the test response code is 0

My question is, how do I debug the php service call on the client side as it does not seem to be working.

Thanks

Paula

More information:

I loaded flashbuilder 4.5 on another windows system with wamp and zend and got exactly the same result.

I now have two systems that do exactly the same thing.  I have a zipped directory of the project and can send it to someone who might

be interested in this bug.

As I step through the code I reach the operationManager object and the debugger can no longer see the code (it is part of the mx libraries I guess).

At any rate, there is never a network call for the create<>(item...) operation so it must be in the mx.data.RPCDataManger, mx.data.DataManager, mx.data::ConcreteDataService/createItem

Very frustrating.

TOPICS
PHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, pjlumby has uncovered what we believe is a bug in the data service wizard.  It turns out that when you use the auto generated service calls that change the database such as create<blah>(item), update<blah>(item) and possibly delete<blah>item(itemID) that the data service does not 'commit' the change so nothing happens to your database.  No call to the PHP code, no network traffic.

However, there is a 'commit()' function in the _Super_<blah>.as file in your services directory.  If you put a break point there, you will see that the method is never called.  Hmmmm.

If you add the 'commit()' statement at the end of all the methods (before the return)  that modify the database (see first paragraph)[methods are located in _Super_<blah>.as in your services directory], well, things start working the way they are suppose to.

Hope this helps those who have this bug.  I've wasted three days on this.

Big thankyou to pjlumby.

Paula_ke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paula

Thanks A LOT!!! this issue was driving me nuts, Re-cheling every thing for the past week, you really help me out

Good bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped!  I'm not a big IDE fan and this is one of the reasons.  The IDE developers think they have all their bits covered and all a user has to do is follow their wizards and examples, unfortunately, when they have some bad bits, the IDE hides the sources necessary to really see what is going on.  I really want to make flashbuilder work but it's stuff like this that makes me remember why I like all the sources, VIM and Make

Paula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Paula,

Thanks so much for your answer and solution.

I had the same problem/bug and couldn't resolve it till now.

Adding the commit() function solved it.

Thanks again for your time!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Paula,

Now I have the "commit();" code before the return of each function in the "Super...Service.as" file but I I still get this error and my php-mysql data connection settings are there:

Error Dialog:

Channel disconnected

Channel disconnected before an acknowledgement was received

If you have any suggestions of what can this be I would truly appreciate your help.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to monitor your network traffic to make sure that you are talking to your server.  The error you reported would indicate that you are attempting network connection to your server but your server is not responding.  I would dig deeper and look at the network monitor tool to be sure you are getting traffic out of your flash.  

It has been a long time since I played with the php wizard.  I've moved on to my own python services and use standard http cgi api calls with json return objects.  

Good Luck!

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a program CHARLES to monitor traffic and find out what’s going on. Could you elaborate a little bit about Python Service. Sounds interesting enough J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flashbuilder actually has a network monitor (one of the tabs in the bottom window by whre the problems an data service tags are).

I use python mod_wsgi.  There is a bit of setup but once configures life gets real easy.  I can create a new interface in minutes and dashboards that include the flash code and the service side code in under an hour.  There is learning curve and a set up curve.

Good Luck,

Paula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i dont understand, should I just add "commit();" before return ? i have the same problem, except mine doesnt work even when testing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paula.....

Thank you very much paula.... It was really helpful.... Thank you again..... You saved me before getting frustrated for days......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines