1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2006 8:55 PM by Newsgroup_User

Help with a recordset paging stuff

proximo
      Hi This is my situation, I have a SQL statement that is kind of complex I guess, has a lot of between statements, I submit it useing post and get back say like 9000 records, when I go to add the recordset paging option in Dreamweaver it only goes to a second page with no data. I'm thinking its because the form elements are not being carried over to the next page.

So I did somthing where It makes page numbers useing a loop then a bunch of if statements up top to check to see if the URL string or Form elemnts were passed. Now I just have a feeling there is a better way to do this, then the way I currently am, Im open to any suggestions you all may have :)

Thanks for your help.
        • 1. Re: Help with a recordset paging stuff
          Level 7
          This might help.

http://www.johnstons.org/wdc/pub/cfusion/customtags/CF_PageThru/CF_PageThru.html

"proximo" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ejd505$5sm$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi This is my situation, I have a SQL statement that is kind of complex I
          > guess, has a lot of between statements, I submit it useing post and get
          > back
          > say like 9000 records, when I go to add the recordset paging option in
          > Dreamweaver it only goes to a second page with no data. I'm thinking its
          > because the form elements are not being carried over to the next page.
          >
          > So I did somthing where It makes page numbers useing a loop then a bunch
          > of if
          > statements up top to check to see if the URL string or Form elemnts were
          > passed. Now I just have a feeling there is a better way to do this, then
          > the
          > way I currently am, Im open to any suggestions you all may have :)
          >
          > Thanks for your help.
          >
          >