4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2011 5:55 AM by Marcos J Pinto RSS

Sequence number generator for any number of PDF forms

Marcos J Pinto Community Member

With the help of this forum I have now a simple process in Workbench that acts as a Webservice to generate a sequential number.

When invoked by a PDF form it reads a value from a database, increments the value and then reads the db again to send the incremented value back to the form.

It's working great, but now I need something else: I have around 60 forms and each will have its own sequence.

The way I see it all I have to do is:

- include a new column in the db table to store the forms IDs  (I have done this already).

- change the SQL statements to include the form ref number as a parameter for a WHERE clause (I have done this already).

- send the form ref number from the PDF when invoking the web service. => I still haven't figured out how to do it.

- receive this ref number in workbench to use as a parameter in the WHERE clause.

Please could someone help me here?   Or point to some online example I could use as a guide?

Will I receive the info from the PDF as an XML file and extract the info from its structure?

Thank you very much for any hints.