1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 17, 2007 3:45 PM by parallaxed

Showing Images in ToggleButtonBar control

savyasachi
      I have a ViewStack and I am using ToggleButtonBar to navigate between the views in the view stack. I would like to use Graphics to represent the buttons instead of using the buttons. How can I do this? I found a way with HBox instead of the ToggleButtonBar control. Below is the code :

<mx:HBox borderStyle="solid" width="778" paddingTop="0" x="21" y="131" horizontalAlign="center" horizontalGap="1">
      <mx:Image source="assets/MenuGraphics_3.png" click="storeViews.selectedChild=vwOne;"/>
      <mx:Image source="assets/MenuGraphics_5.png" click="storeViews.selectedChild=vwTwo;" />
      <mx:Image source="assets/MenuGraphics_7.png" click="storeViews.selectedChild=vwThree;" />
      <mx:Image source="assets/MenuGraphics_9.png" click="storeViews.selectedChild=vwFour;" />
      </mx:HBox>

But,
      I would like to use the ToggleButtonBar control to process the ViewStack. Appreciate the help. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Showing Images in ToggleButtonBar control
          parallaxed
          If the above example works, why do you want to use the ToggleButtonBar control?

Either way, it sounds like you want to overlay images on a ToggleButtonBar.

This is complicated, since the graphical skin for a ToggleButtonBar is merely 3 buttons that get mutated to stretch over the required number by slice-9 scaling. There are two ways round it, one would be to work on a programmatic ToggleButtonBar skin that draws graphical children over the bar (sounds like the easiest).

Alternatively, I believe Flexlib has a nifty component called a CanvasButton or something, which allows the drawing of graphical children over an existing button. You could attempt to subclass the ToggleButtonBar with a similarly inspired component.