3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2011 10:26 AM by Phoenix_Guru

Compilation errors are being cached??

Phoenix_Guru Level 1

Hi,

I am having a hard time getting rid of some cached compilation errors, that don't really exist. I am doing clean builds of the project and there are no errors, till the build reaches 100%. After 100% it throws 23 errors all of a sudden. The errors are actually non existing. Examples are:

Invalid Embed directive in stylesheet - can't resolve source 'Embed("../assets/images/addBtn.png")'.

1119: Access of possibly undefined property includeInLayout through a reference with static type com.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.view.component:MyProgressBar.

Both the errors are vague as the button image is present in the given location and also the MyProgressBar component is having the includeInLayout property. I can see it through content assist.

I have been getting these errors earlier as well but they used to get resolved if I do a Clean Build. This time they are not going at all.

After some directions, I also tried deleting .markers file, but it didn't help.

Please help me out!!

Thanks,

Saurabh

• 1. Re: Compilation errors are being cached??
          EvyatarBH

Check the syntax of the Embed request and verify you can use a static reference to that property.

Note the difference between -

MyProgressBar.includeInLayout

and -

var progressBar:MyProgressBar = new MyProgressBar();

progressBar.includeInLayout

It also might be an import issue, meaning you are trying to use MyProgressBar without the line -

import com.xxx.xxx.xxx.MyProgressBar;

I don't think compilation errors are being cached and they normally have a good reason for them.

I strongly suggest to identify the root cause of the errors and fix the problematic issues.

• 2. Re: Compilation errors are being cached??
            Phoenix_Guru Level 1

I am able to access the file with the same path manually. The property error is vague, its just a control in the same file, also I can access it at all other places the same way and this code has been live for more than 2 years.

Its just MXML component that would have it for sure. I can see it in content assist too.

As I said, there is actually no error and this usually comes sometimes and goes away if I do a clean build. Its just this time it isn't going away..

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Compilation errors are being cached??
              Phoenix_Guru Level 1

The issue got resolved by itself. I added some dummy type casting code in one of the files where error was appearing. After a build, the error got resolved and then I reverted the code and did a build again! Voila!!

Thanks for help!!