0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2011 9:32 AM by David8765

Serious default attribution error - PLEASE Someone Answer

David8765 Level 1

Hello,

PLEASE SOMEONE (from Adobe?) answer this - I have posted multiple times, in Acrobat Pro section and here.

Is the result I want impossible, or am I having an error???

I have  Acrobat Pro CS3 set as default for reading pdf's, because I often have  to edit the pdf's I open. This works fine with pdf's I open from disk.

However,  it seems that somehow Acrobat Pro has taken over as default for opening  pdf's inside browsers as well. My plugins list in FF shows "Adobe  Acrobat 9.1.0.163 Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape". Whenever I  navigate to a page which is a pdf, the entire Acrobat Pro external  program opens, displaying a blank page and an error message popup - when  I click OK on the error, the application closes and the pdf opens in  the browser window - sometimes this requires several tries before it  opens in browser.

Here is an image showing the error message and the FF plugin installed: http://terraffirma.com/images/PDF-error.jpg

I have Reader 9 installed on system, and I am downloading Reader 10 just to see if a reinstall will correct this.

Any  suggestions on how to set my system up with Acrobat Pro as default for  opening pdf's from disk, and having browser open files without triggering external application?

Thank you.