2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2011 9:24 AM by battlestudies

Format help!

cmw88

I'm new at this programme, but I'm making a video now on Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, and  I'm using several types of formats- Some are HD, some aren't. Some are  wide some arent't. (some I've grabbed from YouTube) Now, I want to upload this video on Youtube, and was  wondering what I should do to get the nicest looking video? Like how should I start out and what to choose when exporting it? I  want to make it the same format, so that when you play it you don't get one  wide shot, and then suddenly one shot where there's black space on each  side, etc etc. I want one fluent video in the best quality possible. Help?

Oh, and when I drag the clip in the sequence at the right side of the page, you can choose 75%, 50% etc. And some of my clips look better at 75% but another clip looks better at 100%. When I press 100% is that how it will look once I export it, or is that button just for the editing part? If I'm making sense.

• 1. Re: Format help!
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Please watch these videos and work your way through these learning materials:

"FAQ: How do I choose the right sequence settings?"

"FAQ: What's the best export format or codec?"

"Getting started with Premiere Pro"

> Oh, and when I drag the clip in the sequence at the right side of the page, you can choose 75%, 50% etc. And some of my clips look better at 75% but another clip looks better at 100%. When I press 100% is that how it will look once I export it, or is that button just for the editing part? If I'm making sense.

That's just the magnification in the preview in the Program Monitor panel. It has nothing to do with the quality of the final output.

• 2. Re: Format help!
            battlestudies

I was told I should set up my timeline for SC Widescreen and once you place the clips on the timeline, do a Scale to Frame size.

Is this correct? If so, how do I do that? There are so many different answers, I just want to know what the easiest option is when making a video for Youtube.

Should I change any of the settings before starting? There are many videos on how to export the videos, but I want to know if there is anything I should do before starting?

And I watched the sequence video, but I have one question.

I added a clip and the bar turned yellow, but I want to add a lot of clips, but the next time I inserted a clip in the timeline it turned red.

Should I add the clip like a sequence so that it's yellow? If so how do I do that? Or can I insert the clips, and just ignore the red bar?

Thanks for any help