4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2011 2:21 PM by Langtonia

Can I create my own disc menus?

Langtonia

I am a new user of Premiere 8 but do not like any of the provided disc menu templates.  Can I create my own?

• 1. Re: Can I create my own disc menus?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Well, you can certainly modify them an awful lot right in the program -- swapping in a new background, changing fonts and colors, changing where the scene menu links are positioned on a menu page.

But creating your own custom templates gets a bit more challenging. The templates are PSD files, and so can be edited in Photoshop and, in most cases, in Photoshop Elements. But they layers must be in a certain order and things must be named and arranged correctly.

It's too much to cover on this forum -- but I do take you step by step how to do it in my "Muvipix Guide to Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements 9" book, if you're interested (available on Amazon and at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com).

http://Muvipix.com/pe9.php

You can also try modifying an existing template in Photoshop. Just make sure you don't change the structure or naming conventions and you should be okay.

• 2. Re: Can I create my own disc menus?
            Langtonia Level 1

Many thanks for your reply.  This all seems a bit complicated for a simple personal use so I shall have to continue with the very ornate Adobe templates.

What a pity they do not provide a plain easily presonalized example.

• 3. Re: Can I create my own disc menus?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As I said, there is also a lot you can do right in the program.

I've written about it in a free article at Premiere Elements support site http://Muvipix.com.

Just type "Create DVD menus" in the product search box.

I also have a number of free disc templates on this site, including a free "generic" template that allows for a lot of customization.

• 4. Re: Can I create my own disc menus?
                Langtonia Level 1

Many thanks Steve for your further help.

I have installed one of the generic disc menus and find that it just what I

wanted.

As I am very new to this I have no doubt that I shall be back at the

fountain of wisdom again soon.

Regards.