3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2011 10:14 PM by Quite CJ

Print book 4up

ihsaaan

The print booklet feature is excellent when printing an A4 book but not really when its A5 or A6. I cant seem to figure out how to print 4up imposed on an A3 sheet. Any tips other than doing it manually?

• 1. Re: Print book 4up
          John Hawkinson Level 5

This is not really an answer.

Booklet printing is defined to be the special case of 2-up imposition. 4-up imposition isn't a "booklet," which is why it doesn't work.

InDesign isn't really designed for this... you want real imposition software, though I think you may be able to do it in Acrobat Pro's

print dialog, which isn't real imposition software either.

I expect someone will chime in with suggestions on how to make ID do this anyhow by placing INDD files and Scott Zanelli's multipage importer and Quite Imposing and things like that, so I'll let them explain...

• 2. Re: Print book 4up
            Stix Hart Level 5

John Hawkinson wrote:

I expect someone will chime in with suggestions on how to make ID do this anyhow by placing INDD files and Scott Zanelli's multipage importer and Quite Imposing and things like that, so I'll let them explain...

Quite Imposing is "real" imposition software!  And for the record would let you take an exported PDF and do exactly what the OP wants.

@ the OP, as John has semi-dismissively said (!) Indesign can do the job if you really want it to, print to to PDF then place that back in a new Indesign document using Scott's awesome plugin, which you'll find here.

• 3. Re: Print book 4up
              Quite CJ

Hi All,

We've been mentioned (Quite, that is)...so, if you'd like to give us a Test Drive on this job.

Just go to http://www.quite.com/download.htm and download the Demo (MAC or WIN).

Use this Temporary Serial number and private code:

Quite Imposing Plus 3
                Expires end 7/2011  Serial 2485-4610-7504-0517  Code 6048

Once loaded Check out Getting started tech sheet - go to our Imposition Control Panel and click on the ? button.....

then click the Getting Started button. Lots of good information on signature setups and Step-by-step Instructions

http://www.quite.com/imposing/techsheet/If you have a specific setup you need help on, let us know and we'll be happy to help.

cheers,
              Charles

Charles James
              Technical/Marketing Director
              Quite
              USA