Strange I did a search on the site but found no answers but via Google I was pointed to the forum where this was discussed as a Captivate 3 & 4 issue. So it seems it has been a problem in that past and possibly a problem with Captivate 5. Has anyone a workaround for this that does not involve installing servers and such (at least at this point)
You might try adding the location to the trusted locations list as described below:
But i'm guessing you didn't see the link below.
Helpful and Handy Links
Thank you for the reply - a little tricky only because the edit machines dont have anti-virus software so they not connected to internet.
I have discovered that if I publish to an exe file then the issue is resolved but my brief is publish to a pdf. If this means that all is required to is to change clients' flash settings then I am in clover. Will report back on tuesday.
I understand that software can only work given the perfect conditions. It would have been nice for Adobe to publish a list of gotchas i.e.
This button works - when and only if - and under these circumstances. It was the last element that I would have through caused a probem.
Then we can cut to the chase a lot quicker.