1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 11, 2011 9:27 PM by redpointone

something about this TOC - leaders

redpointone

So, I've figured out how to insert the periods between the last word and page number:

1.0 Heading Title...................................................................5

The issue is it won't duplicate for another identically setup paragraph sytle, and now in attempting to remove the periods for the above (to test if a corruption issue) they can't be removed - I cleared the period "." in the leader field from the tab of the paragraph styles option.

And why must the sliding ruler on that tab be so small, to place the little arrows for left, right indent etc.

Seems the method I went about this was specifying a style for the syle in the TOC (maybe a clarification/refinement of the titles for redundancy of the fields?).

So I then have another hiearchy/nesting of the numbered lists:

1.0 Heading Title...................................................................5

1.1       Sub Heading Title   7

Two questions:

1) What determines the spacing between the 1.1 and the Sub Heading?

2) What determines the spacing between the Title and 7?

I adjust the left & right indent/tab markers from the tab of the paragraph styles option with no effect, neither does entering a period "." in the leader have a result, but then again remvoing the period from the 1.0 Heading Title didn't either (i.e., remove the periods).

• 1. Re: something about this TOC - leaders
          redpointone Level 1

Looks like this may have been an error on my part.

1.) The style wasn't a "duplicate", it was a duplicate in the sense that I'd entered all the same criteria.

2.) I may have been applying the second style (I'll call it) in the TOC to an incorrect primary style, there was an additional one not yet assigned a secondary.

I determined this from truly duplicating the style that did work, and applying it to the style that didn't have one in the TOC? Make sense? No, well then have better desicriptors TOC and it might.

//from TOC

---

Styles in Table of Contents

Include Paragraph Style

Style (Named Pargagraph Style - Selected from above)

Enter style

---

Style styel style and style (4).

Think that's all for now.