3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2012 6:28 AM by John0sdry45

Program won't print: "Error Prop Res DLL Not Loaded"

greenhillspark

Mine is a fully legitimate copy of InDesign, but this error message appears when I try to print to my printer. If I swat the message a dozen times, the printer then prints a blank page.

• 1. Re: Program won't print: "Error Prop Res DLL Not Loaded"
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You need to tell us the version of InDesign, and of your OS, and how the printer is connected. Does it print from other applications? Is ther any more to the error message?

• 2. Re: Program won't print: "Error Prop Res DLL Not Loaded"
            John Hawkinson Level 5

Well, DLLs only happen under Windows. I don't believe this is InDesign's error though, I gather it comes from the Lexmak printer driver, possibly lxbkprpr.dll where "prpr" can be read as "PRoP Res" if you squint at it. Try googling the error and re-installing your printer software. Especilly check if it happens under other apps than InDesign.

A number of google hits suggest reinstalling Microsoft Office. I'm skeptical that's really the problem and wouldn't try that first.

• 3. Re: Program won't print: "Error Prop Res DLL Not Loaded"
              John0sdry45

Try following the guide from the Microsoft Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918730. Just update the path environment variable to point to the folder where the printer drivers are installed, restart Indesign and test if it workes.

Here's the exact text from that page:

"

Let me fix it myself

To update the Path environment variable, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
              2. Click the Advanced tab.
              3. Click Environment Variables.
              4. Under System variables, click the Path variable, and then click Edit.
              5. Press END to move the pointer to the end of the path.
              6. Type a semicolon (;), and then type the path of the printer driver file.
                • On a computer that is running a 32-bit version of Microsoft Windows, type the following default path: C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\W32X86\3
                • On a computer that is running a 64-bit version of Windows, type the following default path: C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\X64\3
                For example, after you update the Path variable on a computer that is running a 32-bit version of Windows,  the path would resemble the following: %SystemRoot%\System32;%systemroot%;C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\W32X86\3
              7. Click OK to close the Edit System Variable dialog box.
              8. Click OK to close the Environment Variables dialog box.
              9. Click OK to close the System Properties dialog box.

".

If this doesn't work try method 1 in the guide.

Good luck.