5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2011 7:26 PM by Ned Murphy

Never ending animation

rcyngz

I have a Flash project I've been working on with a menu that lets you select between four pages representing the four seasons and on each page the user sees a different animation (snow, leaves blowing, water shimmering, etc.). All of them work right except the page with the animated leaves.  The leaf animation shows up no matter what page is navigated too. It never goes away. I've dug through my project file a dozen times and I can't for the life of me figure out what is different from the other pages. If anyone here could put eyes on it and help me out it would most definitely be appreciated!

I've posted a link to the .swf  http://ryoungz.aisites.com/videos/seasons.swf

• 1. Re: Never ending animation
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If it is dynamically done, then chances are you need to have it contained within a manaually added movieclip to limit it to only appearing in the frame where Autumn occurs.

Does the leaves animation happen immediately due to the Autumn being automatically selected at the start?

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Never ending animation
            rcyngz Level 1

Ned Murphy wrote:

If it is dynamically done, then chances are you need to have it contained within a manaually added movieclip to limit it to only appearing in the frame where Autumn occurs.

Does the leaves animation happen immediately due to the Autumn being automatically selected at the start?

Yes autumn is the clip automatically selected at the start. Are you saying I need to put autumn inside a different manually added movieclip with nothing else in it?

• 3. Re: Never ending animation

If the leaves animation is by adding/moving the leaves dynamically (I assume it is or you are a very patient deisgner to have done it manually), then yes, you should have the animation done within the confines of an empty movieclip manually planted on the timeline.  If you don't have it secured to a frame in the timeline that way, it has no home in the timeline and will appear everywhere along the timeline.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Never ending animation
                rcyngz Level 1

Yes they are all dynamically generated. This should be so simple, I can't believe I can't get it to work. I've used empty movie clips before but just can't seem to get that one animation to work. I think some sleep should clear things up. Thanks for pinpointing my problem!

• 5. Re: Never ending animation

If you still have trouble after resting your brain, show the code.  It should be a (fairly) simple matter of either building the animation inside its own movieclip, or changing the targeting of where the leaves get added.

2 people found this helpful