2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2011 7:55 AM by Steve Grisetti

Files have disappeared

L3pton

Hi, I imported some files from my camera last week onto a project but deleted them off the project. Today I tried to import them again off the camera but it tells me that file does not exist. Where is premiere elements hiding them?

• 1. Re: Files have disappeared
          VDOSurfer Level 3

How did you import them? Did you use the Video Importer (It launches a window that allows you to choose the files). In the same Video Importer window, there is an option that says "Delete from source after import" (or something to that effect). Was that checked?

• 2. Re: Files have disappeared
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Surfer is right. Unless you used Premiere Elements Video Importer, you may not have actually moved the video from your camcorder to your computer. You may have just linked to the video files on the camcorder. Then, when you disconnected the camcorder and cleared it, you lost everything.

You must use the tools in Premiere Elements to Get Media to download the files to your computer in order to both move the files from the camcorder to your computer and to import them into your project.

1 person found this helpful