2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2011 6:25 PM by Bill Gehrke

Raid recommendations

icy100

I'm looking for some recommednations on a Raid set up.

My systems is:

Asus X58 MB

24gb RAM

i7 930 CPU

GeForce 480GTX GPU

Windows 7

Adobe CS5.3

1 * 1TB HDD system drive

4 * 1TB Samsung F3 spinpoint HDD (currently set with 2 * HDD as Raid0 using software only and 2 * 1 TB HDD used seperately for media files)

I have just bought a Highpoint Raid controller card (4322) with 512mb on board memory, Intel IOP348 processor and 8 external ports (2 * 4 ports). This will run a SAS with 4 * 1TGB Samsung F3 spinpoints HDD and I intend to add another SAS with the same configuration soon.

What would be the recommendations for a Raid setup that will be as fast as possible and rock steady? I do back up my projects on a daily basis so even Raid0 could be an option.

• 1. Re: Raid recommendations
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Start by (back at the Hardware forum main page) clicking the little arrow just above the messages to access the drop-down FAQ list... there is raid discussion in one of the FAQ articles

• 2. Re: Raid recommendations
            Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think that you have some confusion.  This sentence does not make any sense. "This will run a SAS with 4 * 1TGB Samsung F3 spinpoints HDD and I intend to add another SAS with the same configuration soon."  SAS is a type hard drive interface like SATA only generally better (and more expensive). Your drives are all SATA drives