4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2011 5:52 PM by Grant H

Table of Contents Issue/Question

annetteannettedusa

Hi everyone, I hope I can put my question accurately into words. 

I'm working on a 450 page product catalog in Indesign CS5 for the mac.  The catalog has 7 main sections, in which there are numerous smaller sections. I need to create a table of contents for these smaller sections, however, my issue is this;  my table of contents is based on the product names which I've applied a paragraph style to, but, also included on the same line that the product name is, are several small icons.  I used the library function to put these icons into place.  I put my curser where I wanted the icons to be, went to the library, right clicked on the icon I wanted, and selected place item.  I found this to be the easiest way since there were approximately 1500 products in the catalog.  So, my issue is, now that I'm creating a mini-table of contents for these numerous sections, the icons are included in my table of contents, which I don't want.  I can manually go in and delete each icon, but I'm thinking there has to be a faster way.  I thought of possibly a grep style but can't figure out how to make that work.

Any help would be appreciated!  It's going to take a while to delete each one of those.  I hope I've described this accurately; please feel free to ask any questions if it's not clear.

Thanks so much!

Annette