2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2011 8:49 AM by Mercysilver2

I have a problem with my Theme

Mercysilver2

After I have imported my video into APE, I choose my theme and after I click to apply, it gives me a message that it can't find or there is no disk. What does that mean? I have tried putting in a new disk, also tried to put my APE disk back into the computer. Nothing helps and my computer freezes up at this point and I loose everything trying to get out of the frozen windows.

Thanks for any help on this. Hope this is enough info to help me fix the problem.

Mercysilver

• 1. Re: I have a problem with my Theme
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What type of camcorder is your video coming from and how did you get it into your comptuer? When you set up your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select?

Is this video located on your C drive or on a second hard drive?

Have you installed the additional content disk as well as the main installation disk for Premiere Elements?

Which theme is giving you trouble? Have you tried a different theme to see if the problem is unique to it?

• 2. Re: I have a problem with my Theme
            Mercysilver2 Level 1

I have a Sony Digital Handicam DCR-TRV830

I have used this many times, (actully I used the DCR-TRV730, but now have a different camera...same format) and it makes beautiful movies using APE8, but this is the first time I tried using the themes. I record my video through a fire wire to my computer, as I have done for several years with no problem....it is located on my "C" drive.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by ..."When you set up your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select?

You asked...

"Have you installed the additional content disk as well as the main installation disk for Premiere Elements?"

No, it only came with one disk.....Oops!!...I just checked and I was not using" Adpbe Premiere Elements 8", I had put in the wrong disk....it was "Adobe Photoshop Elements 8"....maybe if I tried the correct disk it would help...sorry.

In answer to your last question...

"Which theme is giving you trouble? Have you tried a different theme to see if the problem is unique to it?"

I was using the Extreem Sport's theme. And no I had not tried a different one.

I will try using the correct disk.....and get back with you....thanks.

Mercysilver