9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2011 5:06 AM by galinstchas

?

galinstchas

Using Windows 7 with Reader 9.  When I try to view a pdf, I get a blank screen with a ?.  Help!

• 1. Re: ?
          Flying_Kiwi

Precisely what do you get - it can't be a blank screen if there's a ? on it somewhere so what happens exactly (and what error messages -if any- exist). Can you take a screen shot and post it here?

• 2. Re: ?
            galinstchas Level 1

What I get is a screen with nothing on it but a question mark surrounded by a

circle.  I don't know how to take a screen shot.

• 3. Re: ?
              Ankit_Jain Adobe Employee

Hi,

Can you please let me know the following:

1. Is this happening with every PDF that you are trying to open or is it only happening with a specific PDF?

2. Is this happening when you open the PDF in Adobe Reader or when you open the PDF in the browser?

Also, please provide a screenshot of the same. You can do so by pressing the "PrtScn" button on your keyboard. Now open MS Paint and go to Edit > Paste. This should paste the screenshot taken. Save the file and attach the same to the reply post.

Thanks for your help

Ankit

• 4. Re: ?
                galinstchas Level 1

I get the question mark with every pdf I try to view with the browser.  I

don't have MS Paint to I cannot give you the picture of the screen.

• 5. Re: ?

Thanks for the information. You can paste the screenshot directly in this window. That will also serve the purpose.

• 6. Re: ?
                    galinstchas Level 1

I did some searching and discovered that I do have a paint program.  I pasted

the snapshot and tried to save it but I don't know what format to save it in.

I get png,jpeg and gif that say they can be used on the web.  What should I

save it as?  I tried to paste it in the email but I did not have any success.

I am rather a novice in all this.

• 7. Re: ?

You can use JPEG as the format. After you save the same, use the Camera button while replying in the post and select the file.

You will have to reply to the post using the Forums page rather than via an email. Use the link mentioned in the mail to reply back and you should be able to send across the image.

• 8. Re: ?
                        galinstchas Level 1

As I said before, I am really a novice.  Now I can't get into the forum.  When

I try to login, it tells me that my id and password are wrong.  I wrote them

down when I signed up and have them in front of me so I don't know what is

wrong.  The only way I can get in right now is through the email.  I really am

about ready to give up and forget about trying to read the pdfs.

• 9. Re: ?
                          galinstchas Level 1

I am just giving up.  There is no way I am going to be able to do any of this.

Nothing works for me and I can't find anything.  I will just forget about

reading any pdfs I receive.  Thanks anyway.