Hi, I very new to flash or flex...
We are thinking about use it in a very large application (now more than thousand jsp).
An we want to port some part for tablets (primary focus on Android)
I have some querys:
- what are the diferences between flash and flesh?
- there are any "good practices" manual for large application in flash/flesh?
- can a swf be broken in several swf? How they comunicate with others? Is this the same for web application than for air application?
(I guess that if in a future, we will need an 'air' application (for use in Apple IOs, or blackberry), I think its better not to use html code... Am I right?)
- does this tecnology permit the use of continuous integration?
Basicaly, get source code from central repository, compile it, package it, etc...
Does this process need flash builder, or only the free sdk?
- Is this a mature platform? What about memory leaks, performance issue, etc?
(Our application needs to be 'on' all the day. The user uses it during all his work time.)
- Any other tips you consider important?
did a simple search and got got this for your first question
what are the diferences between flash and flesh? i presume you meant Flex if not then i appologies not aware of Flesh http://theresidentalien.typepad.com/ginormous/2009/02/the-difference-between-flex-and-flas h.html
there are any "good practices" manual for large application in flash/flesh? again i presume you meant Flex - i personally would reccoment online search and tutorials just to get the basics and once you are certain then look for "good practices" manual as i presume they will be expensive.
can a swf be broken in several swf? if im not wrong you can can create swf calling other swf's
- Is this a mature platform? im presuming you mean flash for tablets and mobiles if so then it is relativly new to Adobe Flash as it was introduced in CS5
sorry dont have answers for you other questions
hope this helps