1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2011 12:44 AM by try67

Looking for reading best practises

Hubert Daubmeier

Hi

I have version Adobe Reader X, version 10.0.0.407 and would like to read a 420 page document in a two column layout. My screen resolution 1440 * 900 which is not large enough to display a single page on the screen - well at least in a font size that I could still read.

Problem 1 I have sorted: no meaningful navigational aids when embedded in a web page. Downloaded and stored the file locally.

Problem 2 I struggle with: how to conveniently navigate thru the doc for reading. Ok I know arrow left/right goes one page forward or backward. That is not helping as I have only half the page on the screen, so would need to scroll down half page and up again for the second column.

Ok I have also seen there is a little helper in the thumbnail view, where I can scroll within a page using the mouse. However, there are only very picky two small areas that allow the mouse to grab a sensitive area.

Perfect world for me would be

1. No fiddling with the mouse - ideally keyboard only

2. a handful of keys to navigated within the page (and key the page overall navigation keys)

3. I can find basic operating information in the help file myself

Any help you might have along the way would be appreciated.

For instance the topics in help available are limited to

Save, view, and search a PDF
      Fill in forms
      Sign a PDF
      Manage certificates (secured PDFs)
      Share documents
      Create a PDF
      Convert a PDF to Word
      Comment on PDF files
      Participate in a review
      Simulate overprinting of inks

A search for "keyboard" yields no results either