3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2011 3:01 PM by dra2pac

Why would an After Effects comp be imported without the sound into Premiere?

dra2pac Level 1

Hi, everyone. I hope someone can help me out with this. Basically I have a comp with lots of .mts video files and .mp3 audio ones. AE crashes when rendering, blaming the MTS files. I don't fancy converting all the MTS to MOV (huge difference in terms of size), then replacing them with the new MOVs.

I was therefore hoping to be able to import the AE comp into Premiere and render from there. Rendering the video is not a problem, but for some reason there is no sound... Anyone know why this may be?

I am working with CS4.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Why would an After Effects comp be imported without the sound into Premiere?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You could just render the audio separately from AE and import it into Premiere? Sure, something is going on, but trying to figure that out might take you longer than just rendering it. Certainly something in teh way you structured your project, possibly audio in sub-comps or so and it's causing some weird stuff....

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Why would an After Effects comp be imported without the sound into Premiere?
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

I have a comp with lots of .mts video files and .mp3 audio ones. AE crashes when rendering, blaming the MTS files. I don't fancy converting all the MTS to MOV (huge difference in terms of size), then replacing them with the new MOVs.

I was therefore hoping to be able to import the AE comp into Premiere and render from there. Rendering the video is not a problem, but for some reason there is no sound...

I am working with CS4.

You may not fancy converting the mts files, but you have to because you run AE 9.  If you had AE 10, you wouldn't have to do that.

And you should never, EVER use mp3 files in AE if you want a good-sounding audio track.  Or in your case, any kind of audio.  In fact, you should never use ANY kind of compressed audio.  Stick with wav and aiff files.

So quit wringing your hands and start convertin' them files!

• 3. Re: Why would an After Effects comp be imported without the sound into Premiere?
              dra2pac Level 1

Looool Brilliant! Thanks a lot for the advice and the pep talk, you guys! At the mo I am waiting on a Dynamic Link solution: AE into Premiere via Dynamic Link with the sound from the AE comp rendered as a .wav (Genious!!!, thanks so much for the tip!!) also slotted into AP and rendered from AP. Fingers crossed.

A bit silly that Adobe fixed this in the latest product, which requires yet another upgrade - I thought other companies were holding back the good stuff to have as many revenue-rich iterations as possible... Anyway, not wanting to go there... Big thanks to both of you!