Can you please check the following and see if it helps:
1. Launch Adobe Reader and go to Edit > Preferences > Internet > Display PDF in Browser. The checkbox should be checked.
2. Also, could you let me know if you have/had both Acrobat and Reader installed on the system?
1. Checkbox is cheked
2. Only Acrobat Reader is installed.
Make sure "Content Type" string vaue in the registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pdf is set to application/pdf
If it does not help, try Help\Repair menu item.
Later versions have "Select Default PDF Handler" feature found in Edit\Preferences\General dialog view, which can be used to fix this kind of issues.
You may need to install latest 9x updates to get this option.
Checked the classes root registry and the value is in there.
the repair function is removed in our environment since we do not want a user to hit the repair button.
an update is also not possible since we are not allowed to do this in our PRO environment.
Sounds like you do not have too many options..
Do you have working system in your enviroment?
Can you export these registries below (with all values and subkeys) and import on the broken system, just to see if this will work?
I've exported the keys but no luck. Any other suggestions ?
My 9.3.1 version is working but with version 9.4 the pop-up persists.
Can you please post the contents of the following registries:
1. "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"
2. "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" "%1"
3. "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" "%1"