8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2011 1:34 AM by Dan Furious

i7 2600k OC

Dan Furious Level 1

What is the Most anyone has Overclocked so far on this CPU?...

and is Ram water Cooling important or just stick to Air?..

Thanks for any advice

• 1. Re: i7 2600k OC
          Harm Millaard Level 7

The highest OC I have seen is 5.2, submitted by Novak: PPBM5 Benchmark

Whether that is stable I don't know.

• 2. Re: i7 2600k OC
            Crist OC/PC Level 2

Depent of Which is you cooling limitation. With LN2 been a good overcloker you will rise  5.8

In real life of normal persons you will have to use water or Air. And yes ALL is important. From the quality of the mother board to the temperatur of the rom.

For mention some small details:

*Conductice capasity of the board base on the quality of the components

*Air flow in to the case "very importan"

*Termal past "Very importan which cain and how you apply it".

*RPM of the fans coolers and air conducction.

*Size of the pipe and power of the Pump "in case of water cooling"

*north and south briges cooling equally in cases of i79...

*Possition of the grafic card and extra cards. I mean select the right slot for the air flow.

*Power Supplier of courses.

*Quality of the ram "Some times make the difference in OC."

*Right distribution of the voltage on the M.B.

*Temperatur of the Rom Under 20 ¤C." Her in denmark you only have to open the window "

B.R. Cristobal.

• 3. Re: i7 2600k OC
              Crist OC/PC Level 2

Depent of Which is you cooling limitation. With LN2 been a good overcloker you will rise  5.8

In real life of normal persons you will have to use water or Air. And yes ALL is important. From the quality of the mother board to the temperatur of the rom.

For mention some small details:

*Conductice capasity of the board base on the quality of the components

*Air flow in to the case "very importan"

*Termal past "Very importan which cain and how you apply it".

*RPM of the fans coolers and air conducction.

*Size of the pipe and power of the Pump "in case of water cooling"

*north and south briges cooling equally in cases of i79...

*Possition of the grafic card and extra cards. I mean select the right slot for the air flow.

*Power Supplier of courses.

*Quality of the ram "Some times make the difference in OC."

*Right distribution of the voltage on the M.B.

*Temperatur of the Rom Under 20 ¤C." Her in denmark you only have to open the window "

B.R. Cristobal.

• 4. Re: i7 2600k OC
                Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

B. R. Here is some incidental information on a test I made this last winter . I opened the kitchen sliding glass door which leads out to an open deck.  I then pushed the tower case outside and ran a few longer cables back to the kitchen table.  It was about 0° C outside (Washington DC metro area).   I did not get far in pushing the clock because at that cold temperature the disk drives write performance went down severely.  Here were my temperatures (look at the min and max as I did not capture this screen shot under load).

Outside-test-RealTemp.jpg.

• 5. Re: i7 2600k OC
                  Dan Furious Level 1

damn pretty cold thanks for all advice as soon as i finish getting all my parts i will try the bench mark harm but it holding me back is the NB, SB Mosfet set for the asus z86 i just can locate it unless anybody knows if i can use something else or similar please am opened for all suggestion.

i only got the cpu water cooled by a corsiar kit  and overclocked at

untill i can find the the above parts

but i have everything else ust didnt install it yet untill i get the mobo cooling for my mosfet and NB are pretty hot and i like have 9 fans

an the temps are like 25 C inside the case but the mosfet and SB are boiling hot when i am feeling them

CPU     -  CUPLEX

GPU     -  KOOLANCE GTX470

RAM     -  AQUACOMPUTER RAMPLEX COPPER EDITION

HD       -  KOOLANCE 4X HD 60 COOLERS

MOBO -  ASUS Z68 none if any one can help would be much appreciated

RADIATOR 1 X PHOBYA 1080 9XFAN really big boy

RADIATOR 2X HARD LAB GTS 360

so i know i went for an overkill but how much u think i can overclock it with this setup like you were saying 5.8

• 6. Re: i7 2600k OC
                    Dan Furious Level 1

Sorry Harm on the bench mark test i seen a couple of spec like or 90% similar to my comp config would i get the same result for my complete cooling is not put together and am little on me clocking to much with this corsiar thing for it really crap. unless you modify but as its is now air would be better..

These are the people and what would be your opinion but i am using the ASUS P8-Z68 V PRO which no one  I think got info for I never got a reply when i asked about this board in many places including this Forum

Randall's Dark Horse 4.7AsusP8P67 Pro B3D9       164.0D9           125.5D9        66.0D9        30.0D9        63.0D9          5.0D9         71.0D9         5.014.2 XInteli7-2600K(OC) 4.714165.03GTX 470Win7 64SATA2,0007,200SATA1,000 x 2 R07,200SATA1,000 x 2 R07,200On-board

lean-avpc-r2ASRockP67 Extreme4D9       167.0D9           131.7D9        65.0D9        30.0D9        66.0Q3          6.0D9         73.0D9         6.012.2 XInteli7-2600K(OC) 4.714165.03GTX 470

TOT-SF_26KAsusP67 SabertoothD9       172.0D9           130.2D9        69.0D9        31.0Q3        67.0D9          5.0D9         74.0D9         5.014.8 XInteli7-2600K(OC) 4.414165.03GTX 470Win7 64SATA240SSDSATA2,000 x 2 R07,200On-board

You get my drift and i have the options to do what ever hard disk setup you want me to 1tb hd i have 2tb hd i have 500gb hd i have and SSD hd i have

so what can i do to test this mobo for me and other to include in the bench mark and for general knowledge if you dont mind giving me hand would be much appreciated

• 7. Re: i7 2600k OC
                      Scott Chichelli Level 3

::::shakes head::::::

get rid of all that foolish water cooled nonsense. at the very most a water cooled CPU

are you trying to break an OC record, build a gaming box or build a pro editing system?

it sure does not look like the latter

i hate to think how loud that system is..

cooling HDDs are not required at all

cooling ram past air not required as it wont get you any higher on ram OCing

and i dont recommend ram OCing on a pro level box.

scott

• 8. Re: i7 2600k OC
                        Dan Furious Level 1

is understandable but yeah that would be nice to able to hard core overclock this thing but my knowledge and expreince is not as of age yet that is why am asking for your guys advice,

so how do i attemp this bench mark sorry if i offended anyone. . .