2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2011 10:54 AM by SFNancy

Style Definitions Documentation

SFNancy

New to InDesign and as part of my learning curve, I have inherited a document with a bunch of paragraph and character styles. I want to document the styles as part of a style guide for a project I am working on. Is there a way to generate a list of all of the paragraph and character styles with name and attributes in some form so that I don't have to document each manually?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

SFNancy

• 1. Re: Style Definitions Documentation
          peter minneapolis Level 4

SFNancy wrote:

New to InDesign and as part of my learning curve, I have inherited a document with a bunch of paragraph and character styles. I want to document the styles as part of a style guide for a project I am working on. Is there a way to generate a list of all of the paragraph and character styles with name and attributes in some form so that I don't have to document each manually?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

SFNancy

Search Google for terms like "InDesign styles reports script plug-in" without quotes for resources. Tools made for earlier InDesign releases may seem to work, but probably won't include style attributes that were added in later releases.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

• 2. Re: Style Definitions Documentation
            SFNancy Level 1

Thanks, Peter.

Your suggestion on keywords did the trick and I was able to find a number of style report scripts that can potentially provide what I need.

SFNancy