1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2011 1:41 PM by Rick Gerard

JPGs, BMPs etc., they all loose quality when inserted into an AE file

kc5cmx@gmail.com

When I insert jpgs, etc., they loose resolution and the product looks bad.  screen pixel size 128x48 (8:3 radio). when I click on the picture AFTER i include it, and the mouse has control, the picture looks as good as the original. I've tried changing the type to png and other formats, but they are all the same.  the only things i have available to edit the picture is Picasa, MS Paint and GIMP.  Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: JPGs, BMPs etc., they all loose quality when inserted into an AE file
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sounds like you are creating web graphics. Your project is almost the a standard web banner size. It's very small. If your composition window is set to full resolution and 100% scale and the imported images are not perfect then follow these instructions.

1. The comp must be set to square pixels and an even number of pixels high and wide
          2. The quality setting of the layer in the timeline must be set to high quality (the slash should be solid and go this way /)
          3. Your original images should be created in square pixels (most are) and they should be an even number of pixels high and wide
          4. Your images should be set to 100% scale.

Do that and you'll get a pixel for pixel reproduction of the original image. If you scale, rotate, or mix pixel aspect ratios then the pixels will be reinterpreted. If the image is an odd number of pixels high or wide then the pixels won't line up.