3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2011 5:50 AM by fishmor

Capturing 2 audio channels

fishmor Level 1

I have recorded 2 audio channels from my Canon XHA1S (XLR and onboard) and when I capture into PRE, only 1 audio track shows up - I have checked the camera setting several times and everything looks good there - something simple I'm sure - I am using PRE 8.

Eric

• 1. Re: Capturing 2 audio channels
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Premiere Elements can work with stereo audio -- but generally can't work with dub tracks, if that's what you're talking about.

In order to take advantage of these types of features, it's usually best to use a professional video editing program (like Premiere Pro CS5) rather than a consumer program with a professional camcorder.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Capturing 2 audio channels
            fishmor Level 1

Well I've recorded 2 channels of audio on the tape - is that what 'dub tracks' means?  So does that mean that the audio file PRE brought in is a combination of the 2 tracks?   I've been thinking about Pre Pro for a while - I've been using Elements for about a year - I feel fairly comfortable with it and I know how to do some keyframing - how big is the learning curve from Pre Elements to CS5?

• 3. Re: Capturing 2 audio channels
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The principles are the same -- but it's a much more powerful program.

I'd download the free trial and give it a test drive.